Relationships...

It is normal to shy away from the things you don’t understand. For instance, my biological mother did not raise me so our relationship is estranged. I don’t know very much about her except that she doesn’t have a very good past or present and she left me with my grandmother and aunt when I was 9 months old. I am grateful at this stage in my life but there was a time when I was totally bitter. I didn’t understand how she left my 3 brothers and I with someone different. How could she allow us to be separated? I was hurt and didn’t understand, and 36 years later we still have not talked about it. I believe that she thought it was best that someone else raised us all as she wasn’t capable for whatever her reasons were.
I have reached out several times, she continues to push me away. I love her with every fiber of me. I will never shun her, curse her, or speak ill of her. What I do say is only the truth. I pray for her nightly as I have done my entire life and I do know that she is my biological parent. I can’t MAKE her be a mother, but I can pray and encourage her when I do talk and/or see her. I do however realize how blessed I am to have a relationship with 3 women (my grandmother, my aunt and stepmother) who are all mother figures to me. God gives us the things that we need and I am again grateful.

So I realized that the same way I reach out to my mother over and over is the same way that God reaches out to us. We are so busy with our lives, living and going and doing, that we don’t have the time to acknowledge Him for who He is! We push Him away and come back to Him only when we need something and when we do, we make broken promises. “I promise Lord, if you get me outta this, I will do better.” Just like I was hurt, God is hurt by those same words. He gave us free choice, so He won’t MAKE us worship and praise Him. He won’t MAKE us do our Christian duty, but He will bring situations to our remembrance when things tend to spiral out of control.

Let’s remember that God desires a relationship with us. He wants us to love Him, just as I so desperately want my mother to love me. He wants to have that ‘Father/Child’ relationship that I so desperately want with my mother. He wants to be our everything! He WANTS to! I challenge each person reading this to “step up your game” and build a stronger relationship with God. It is not a coincidence that you are reading this. He wants to be closer to you. He wants to give you the desires of your heart. He wants to love you the way deserve and there is no greater love. Open up your heart to a relationship with Him today!
 (as written for Girls of Royalty at CrownedOnline.Wordpress.com)

Comments

Popular Posts