Its been awhile....Out with the old and in with the new!

I made a vow to myself (and to Diva Extraordinaire, Ms. Lena Sledge) that I would do better and blog, blog, blog!  Well 2011 is just about over and I have been taking the past couple weeks reflecting over the things that 2011 has brought me.  Peace, love, understanding, clarification....just some of the blessings God has bestowed upon me.  Not only have these things been important to me but to my family as well.  I was talking to my grandmother this morning and she told me she was proud of the woman I have become! That means A LOT to me especially if you know the impact my grandmother has had on my life.  This year I celebrated 10 years of wedded bliss with my soul mate.  This year, I had 2 emergency surgeries that changed my quality of life.  This year my mom had a stroke and her eyes were opened to appreciate things for the better. And I have a new niece! We are finally taking a huge step as a family and becoming even closer than we have ever been!  So when I say 2011 has brought me tons of blessings, it truly has!  And not blessings you can see, blessings in the heart and mind that you appreciate a little bit more!

In January, I will be taking on a new path in my career.  Medical field has always been an interest of mine, but now I am pursuing my RN degree!  Its been FOREVER for me and school, but I can do it!  I am doing this for 2 reasons.  I have a son that is almost 16 years old and I want him to see that if I can go back and get it done, he can do anything he sets his mind to and for me too!  I aspire (you are NEVER too old to have aspirations) to be a NICU RN....its something about babies, especially since I can no longer have anymore.  As a CNA, working with the elderly was something I enjoyed and I NEVER thought I could do it, but I proved to myself and my family that I could.  So now take the next step.  Pursue more!  No New Year's Resolutions for me, only New Year's Aspirations!  A CAREER I can enjoy! Appreciation for my family!  I am READY for 2012....and everything it has to offer!  

Comments

  1. Congrats on going back to school. You have truly had an abundance of blessings in 2011. I'm happy for you. Sometimes it seems like, (for me atleast) that it takes a few trials whether it be your own or someone else's trials, to appreciate some of the unseen blessings. Bravo on your new journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lena! I appreciate it! You inspire me on so many levels and I owe you so much! Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts