Life's Lessons

During the preparation for my grandmother's homegoing service, we wanted to use a scripture that reflected her "dash" (her life). We thought of John 14:1, Jeremiah 29:11 and of course Psalm 23. Each and every one of those scriptures were read at her homegoing but that wasn't the one we decided on. It didn't seem like enough. We didn't know of a single favorite bible verse, because she quoted the whole bible without effort!

God kept giving me the entire time Isaiah 40:28-31. Those verses have always been my favorite verses in the entire Bible. They rang out to me years ago and I never completely understood why. That evening, sitting with my mom putting my grandmother's obituary together, it made so much sense!

"Hast thou not known? has thou not heard, that the everlasting God, the Lord the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary? ther is no searching of his understanding. He giveth power to the the faint; and to them that have no might He increaseth strenghth. Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall; but they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength. They shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint." ~KJV

Who are we to question ANYTHING that God has done? No matter how we search for answers, we will never know WHY it was her time. Every single one of us has a time card to "clock out" when our work here is done. None of us know when, but He does! When we feel like we can't go on because of the grief and the hurt, He carries us, just as He always has and will continue to do. When we are too weak move forward, because we are tired from weeping and grief, The Holy Spriit comforts us and provides the strength we need.  And even though we get tired, weak and weary, if we just call on Him, He will be there to pick us up. Give us the strength that we need. And when He picks us up and dusts us off, reminding us we are royalty, we will mount up as eagles, with humility, continue the race to the finish and never give up. That was what my grandma did! She ran full speed ahead, never moaning, groaning or complaining. And if she did, God only knew and he carried her through, all the way to the end.

After typing those verses into the space, my mom and I looked at each other with tears and agreed...."Its Perfect"

I stand so much firmer on these verses now. Anybody that knew my grandmother knew she was a woman of so much strength. She fought HARD and with faith! She was a medical miracle and the doctor's couldn't understand. So now my tears aren't as selfish, they are of pride...a healthy pride. That God blessed me to belong earthly to a woman so phemonenal that it didn't take "celebrity status" to influence and make an impact on my life. She prayed for me, over me and with me, she cried for me, fussed at me and encouraged me to push through when I couldn't. And it was enough...too much if you ask me. Because all it took was blood...hers and His! #imblessed #sheandGodshallwatchoverme #iloveyouMa #motivationmonday



Comments

Popular Posts