Where do you draw your strength?

"I will lift up my eyes to the hills-
From whence comes my help?
My help comes from the Lord,
Who made heaven and earth.

"He will not allow your foot to be
 moved;
He who keeps you will not 
 slumber.
Behold, He who keeps Israel
Shall neither slumber nor sleep.

"The Lord is your keeper;
The Lord is your shade at your 
 right hand.
The sun shall not strike you by 
 day.
Nor the moon by night.

"The Lord shall preserve you from
 all evil;
He shall preserve your soul.
The Lord shall preserve your 
 going out and coming in
From this time forth, and even
 forevermore."

Psalm 121 NKJV


This has become one of my favorite scriptures in the Bible. I had always knew it was there and could reference it when need be, but it took my dad to point it out to me when I was going through something I thought no one knew about.  Notice I said "I thought." 

I was battling something internally. Something within myself. Something I knew what had to be done, I just needed to do it. And I was being so stubborn. During a conversation with my daddy, he pulled this scripture out the box. Out of obedience, I went right to the Bible, but out of my own stubbornness, I didn't complete it. I felt exposed and I didn't know why.

Later that night, during my regular time with God, I went back to the scripture and read what my dad suggested. It was everything I already knew. God would protect me. God will never leave me. All I had to do was lift mine eyes to the hills! God would never let any hurt, harm or danger come to me and anything that comes my way, He will give me the equipment to handle it all! 

Sometimes we need a reminder that everything we need is right before us. We have the tools we need to defeat the enemy. And sometimes while we are so busy encouraging others, we leave ourselves open for attack! Satan loves that! Take time to focus on self! There is nothing wrong with stepping back and re-evaluating your circumstances and building up your spiritual strength. What good are we when we can't protect ourselves while attempting to encourage others?

Comments

Popular Posts