Dream 2015

So I have started on my "Dream/Vision Board" for 2015. It encompasses everything I want to accomplish for the year and where I see myself by December 31, 2015.  There are a lot of personal things I wish to accomplish this year as a Christian, a wife, a mother and a professional. I can't wait to accomplish them, but sometimes that nagging feeling in the back of your head that reminds you of what you USED to be comes back to the forefront. That is what happened to me this morning.

Last night (19hrs ago to be exact) I put up a post on a very famous social media site that said "when you put your dreams in writing/pictures, that the first step to making them a reality, but remember to pray over them. Anything worth having is definitely worth fighting for" and a few hashtags followed. I had just journaled my goals for the year (writing the vision...) and was about to pray over what I had written and was side-tracked.
This morning I got up to study for a certification that I am taking for my career and took a pretest to get an idea of where I am.  First, let me say the test is NOTHING like I imagined and I was not proficient in ANYTHING! I immediately begin to cry and begin thinking thoughts not worthy of thinking.  God knows I am not stupid, ignorant or dumb; but I called myself all those things. We do need to be mindful that whatever we speak, we put into the atmosphere and it latches and grow.

I cried! I cried big sobbing, boo-hooing tears that I didn't even begin to think were inside of me. Seeing that low percentage was too much! I thought I was a failure. I thought I would cave and sometimes I still do, but I had to remember that this is about purpose. So as I prayed, through my tears I remembered that I have purpose and that I have a job to do and only I can do what was set before me! And I WILL acheive. I will strive for greatness. I will be legendary.

So as I pull my journal back out and tidy my pretty face back up, I am going IN! I am diving head first into what God has for me! Now excuse me as I pray over my dream/vision. My future is calling!

Smooches!
Dee

Comments

Popular Posts