Living Between the Dash/Reflection

My pastor spoke last week about "A 2nd Dash" last Sunday. It isn't about what you do when you're born or when you die, its about what you do during the "dash" and many are given a "2nd dash" or a 2nd chance at life.  God has given me many second chances and I am forever grateful. 

2014 has been a great year for my family.  God did some wonderful things for each of us.  My oldest graduated from high school, my middle son started high school and my youngest son started a charter school. We relocated to another state, we found a wonderful church home and I was even given another chance in the career field I love! As we say "Won't He Do It?" The answer, "YES HE WILL!"

Yesterday, we took my oldest son to his new start. He started college yesterday. And so often as parents, we over do it, but that's what we are supposed to do, especially us moms. Although he is 18, I personally didn't feel like he was quite ready yet, but if you left it up to me, he would NEVER be ready! God knows what he is doing and has it all under control.  I have NEVER cried so much. I have NEVER prayed so hard. I feel like a piece of my soul has been pulled away from me. Every other word has been JESUS and I know he hears me.  Am I worried about him? Of course I am! Will he do well? Yes he will. Not only am I praying for him, but he is surrounded by a wonderful support system and a wonderful Christian base and with that he should stay grounded.  Sometimes I wonder what would have happened if I had stayed grounded?

Well, God definitley will humble you! If you don't ground yourself, He will do it! He will literally sit you down and strip it ALL away and make you realize some things. Make you think about some stuff. All that time I lost, I can't get back, but I can move forward. I can make the best of what I have now and that is enjoying what God has allowed for me to witness and be a witness to his grace, mercy and favor! Work hard and not take advantage of ANYTHING ever again! 

So this life we live, isn't all about us. We have people watching us. People may never know that are and if we have children, they are DEFINITLEY watching you with a strong lens. Think about your actions and how they would affect not only you, but those who love you and depend on you. God gives you grace and much favor. Stay the course. With prayers and dedicaion.

Smooches!
Dee


Comments

Popular Posts