Yesterday

As I sit here listening to the popular song in the title by Mary Mary I realize that when I decided to let go of "Yesterday" and move on in my purpose that I would lose some friends. I also realize that I am even expected to fail and even others say this is fake!  Well one thing about God is when He does something in your life, He does it for real!  You can either pay attention and give thanks or act as if it never happened.  I choose to give Him what He deserves, Me!

I used to care what people said about me.  Not so much anymore. No I'm not perfect nor do I pretend that I have it all figured out. But God has started "a new thing" in me and the old Nieccee doesn't live here any more. 

I had a conversation with my oldest son last night about choices and decisions. Never would I want them to go through what I out myself (as well as them) through. Sometimes certain friendships are hard to let go of but everyone isn't meant to go everywhere with you. There are "season" people and "reason" people and you have to know the difference.  My grandmother used to say "everything that looks good to you, ain't good for you" and she wasn't just talking about people. I learned that the hard way.

So as I start this journey to inspire, motivate and teach the Word, I will look at my "Yesterday" with God's help to help someone understand that they can save themselves from themselves. It could be anyone, possibly even my own child. We give the devil too much credit!   A lot of times we get in our own way.  Let God order our steps and show us the path. It may not look like something we would do ourselves, but trust Him. He knows exactly what he is doing!

D. J. Pettaway
Echoes of Hope

Comments

Popular Posts