Be Encouraged



Something has to be said about the things that we go through. Not only do they build our spiritual muscle, but they also build character! God does not allow things to happen to us for no reason. It is already predetermined what we are able to handle therefore we should always be encouraged and know that God will not fail us in providing our needs (and wants).

We also must realize that there are, once again, season people and reason people. The doors of our lives will revolve like automatic doors with people in and out of our lives. One thing to remember is that God never said it would be painless. We WILL go through hurt. We WILL cry. We WILL be upset and feel used. But once we pick up the pieces and decide to move on, that's when true growth happens. I am still learning to not allow someone to control me by holding on to hurt. Thanksgiving my sister and I had a misunderstanding. I didn't feel as if I was wrong, but I apologized anyway. I still have not heard from her, but I love her still and am moving on in the spirit of forgiveness and love. I don't wish ANY harm to her and when she is ready, I will be here. Does it hurt? YES. I do understand that people do get busy and I do understand that she may feel some type of way, but she is my sister and I love her and I will always be in her corner. Life is too short to fall out over NOTHING.

Whether you are on the verge of a layoff, lost your job already, ill/ailing, disgruntled or discouraged; just know that the battle is not yours!  God has this period orchestrated in your life for a reason. It is to build you up. The people you meet during this phase in your life are not by accident. Your reading this message, is not by accident.  God IS NOT DONE WITH YOU YET! Your time is coming. Trust in Him. Read His word DAILY and spend time with Him. It makes everything better!

D.J. Pettaway

Link to today's Echoes of Hope: Motivation Mondays video  Motivation Mondays: Be Encouraged



Comments

  1. DP this is awesome! You said read His word daily, but what exactly? You said spend time with Him, how?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was always told to read the New Testament first, but I have started a Bible Reading Plan (something I can honestly say I have never done). Reading his word daily in devotion or even in general study. I have an Old School Daily Bread I read everyday and Jesus Is Calling as well as Streams In The Desert (all 365 day devotionals). Prayer, praise and just talking to God is spending time with Him. I also had to learn that we should stop asking Him to do things for us and ask Him what can we do for Him! Talk to Him like we do other people. He does talk back. In our thoughts, through the Word and through situations and people. We just have to listen!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts